Educational centre of international law and arbitration (ECILA) under the aegis of the representative office of the European arbitration chamber in Ukraine held the planned training practical seminar "Importance of choosing of the place of arbitration in terms of the Belgian practice. Judicial code of Belgium".
Nowadays the question of choosing of the place of arbitration and accordingly choosing of applicable legislation is very actual. Choosing of the place of arbitration is very important because the arbitral process itself, the applicable law, the choice of arbitrators and substantial law, the future arbitral award execution may depend on that choice.
The following questions were discussed during the seminar:
• The Rules of the ICAC under the EACh. Changes of arbitration fees in the ICAC under the EACh.
• Belgian procedural legislation (Judicial code of Belgium).
• The place of arbitration and the choice of applicable law/
• Challenging of the ICAC arbitration awards.
• Comparative analysis of problems and peculiarities of enforcement of foreign state courts awards and international arbitrations awards.
• New edition of the UNCITRAL Rules. New York and European conventions.
The lectures on these topics were made by Mr. G. Pampukha (President of the European arbitration chamber), Mr. Rodion Velichko (member of the EACh, Kharkov, Ukraine), Mrs. Galina Vasilchenko (member of the EACh, Kiev, Ukraine), Mr. Konstantin Pilkov (member of the EACh, Kiev, Ukraine), Mr. Vladimir Pavlenko (Law company "Legitimus"), Mr. Yaroslav Petrov (Law firm "Asters").
Upon completion all the participants were given the personal certificates.