Ukraine in the new realities: political, economic and legal guidelines
May 26 2011
On May 17 in the National University of State Tax Service of Ukraine the II International Conference "Ukraine in the new realities: political, economic and legal guidelines" has taken place.
European arbitration chamber was co-organizer of the conference. Representatives of 25 countries have gathered to discuss the current issues for Ukraine.
The following subjects have been discussed during the plenary meeting:
- Place of Ukraine in the modern European system of collective security: between the Euro-Atlantic integration and neutrality
- Association Agreement with EU: Myth or Reality?
- Russian vector in the new foreign policy of Ukraine
- The external dimension of internal contradictions of Ukrainian policy in the Black Sea-Caspian region
- Energy Security: Ukraine as a key element of European energy system
- Economic priorities of new Ukrainian government
- Future of banking sector of Ukraine under the global financial crisis
- Strategy of Ukrainian economy updating: from export of raw materials to the development of innovative economy and high technology
- Investment climate of Ukraine: opportunities and threats
- Financial markets: the latest financial technologies and globalization of information space
- Balanced taxation as an effective tool for the Ukrainian financial system revival
- Novels of the Ukrainian anti-corruption legislation - a step towards introducing the European standards
- Ukraine in the FATF system. Advantages and disadvantages of the national anti- money laundering system
- Perspectives of case law development in Ukraine
The EACh's members made their reports at the conference:
- Gennadiy Pampukha, President of the European arbitration chamber (Belgium) «Protection of rights of Ukrainian residents abroad»
- Kalinskaya Irina (Ukraine), Managing Partner of the Law and analytic firm "Chernyavskiy, Kalinskaya and Partners", International Arbitrator of the ICAC under the European arbitration chamber, «Mediation: the modern way to overcome conflicts»
- Zatserkovnaya Tatiana (Ukraine), Honored economist of Ukraine, Head of the public and international relations Committee of the Union of auditors of Ukraine, head of the Council of Entrepreneurs and Employers of Ukraine, General Director of consulting company «Seya-Kirsh-Audit», «Problems and prospects of the Ukrainian Tax Code»
- Ibrahim Al Mulla Al Mansori (UAE), General Director of the Emirates International Law Center, International arbitrator of the ICAC under EACh, Member of WTO and WIPO, «Arbitration experience of the United Arabian Emirates»
The participants of the Conference have been welcomed the Rector of the National University of State Tax Service of Ukraine Petro Melnik, Head of the State Tax Service of Ukraine Vitaly Zakharchenko, the Adviser to President of the National Academy of Education Sciences Vasily Tkachenko, Director of the Institute of Political Science at the Opole University Wieslawa Pyantkovska-Stepanyak, professor at American University of Paris Steven Ekovich and others.