EAC hosts the International Conference in Lodz
May 05 2015
Dear Colleagues! We are delighted to invite you to participate in The International Conference “Protection of foreign investments in Poland and Polish investments in other countries by means of international arbitrage, expertise, mediation” devoted to topical issues of development of international business, its legal support and protection.
The event will be hosted on May 21st 2015 in Łódź (Poland) under the auspices of the International non-profit association “European Arbitration Chamber” supported by The Investment Consulting Center I.D.C. (Łódź, Poland) (www.idc-consult.eu) and Kancelaria Adwokacka Marcinkowski/Szymański/Trzeciak (Łódź, Poland) (www.kancelaria-ms.pl)
The purpose of the conference — to create the single platform for sharing experience and innovations concerning provision of international business activity, pooling of interests and enhancement of dialogue between representatives of various Polish and EU areas of business and professionals in the field of international arbitration and mediation, forensic experts, with whose participation and help foreign investments are protected and conflicts and commercial disputes in business are resolved.
The following issues shall be addressed within the framework of the conference:
- International arbitration as the international business protection institution. Particulars of application of commercial arbitration in various areas of business.
- Forensic investigation as the instrument of justification and substantiation of the claimant’s legal position in court. Expert investigation types, particulars of its execution. Practical aspects to ensure records, documents and other evidence.
- Practice of application of mediation and cost-cutting of dispute settlement procedure through it, effective negotiating of amicable settlement.
- Latest proposals of the procedural and institutional conditions and mechanisms of functioning of contemporary market relationship with Poland. Prospects and expectations.
- Current condition in the Ukrainian economy, end results of court and law-enforcement system reforms. Potential opportunities and protection of foreign investments in Ukraine. Financial benefits and risks of investing in Ukraine today.
Participants of the international meeting in Łódź shall have the opportunity to increase the range of their business contacts in the whole European continent and worldwide.
PROGRAM OF THE CONFERENCE
- Welcome speech of honorary guests.
- Welcome speech of Chitra Radhakishun, UNCTAD representative on settlement of disputes in international trade, investments and intellectual property (Geneva, Switzerland). Report: Latest proposals of the procedural and institutional conditions and mechanisms of functioning of contemporary market relationship with Poland. Prospects and expectations.
- Presentation of the European Arbitration Chamber and the representation office of the secretariat of the European Arbitration Chamber in Poland. Interconnection of the international arbitration, expert examination, mediation and latest global trends in this regard.
- Particulars of the Belgian procedural law in international arbitration and mediation.
- Particulars of appealing, legalization and execution of ICAC judgments in Europe, Asia, CIS countries. Arbitration and legal practice.
- Forensic investigation as the auxiliary mechanisms of arbitration and court proceedings.
- Presentation of the Investment Consulting Center (Łódź, Poland).
- Current condition in the Ukrainian economy, end results of court and law-enforcement system reforms. Potential opportunities and protection of foreign investments in Ukraine and post-Soviet states. Financial benefits and risks of investing in Ukraine and post-Soviet states.
The International Non-Profit Association European Arbitration Chamber and its official representation office in Poland shall be represented within the framework of the conference
- Hennadii Pampukha – EACh President (Brussels, Belgium), member of the board of the Investment Consulting Center (Łódź, Poland), international arbitrator, lawyer.
- Chitra Radhakinush - UNCTAD representative on settlement of disputes in international trade, investments and intellectual property (Switzerland).
- Johan Billiet – Chairman of the International Commercial Arbitration Court under the EACh, international arbitrator, mediator (Belgium).
- Sergei Zakharov – chief of the International Center for Expertise affiliated with EACh, certified forensic expert in construction (Czech Republic).
- Ryszard Marcinkowski – the head of the representative office of the European Arbitration Chamber in Poland, managing partner of the legal firm “Kancelaria Adwokacka Marcinkowski/Szymański/Trzeciak” (Poland).
- Igor Orlov – member of the board of the Investment Consulting Center (Łódź, Poland), lawyer (Ukraine).
The application forms shall be sent to: email@example.com or by phone: + 48 534 500 204 or online: http://goo.gl/forms/lr68vo8nBt
Date: 21st May 2015
Venue: siedziba Okręgowa Rada Adwokacka w Łodzi ul. Piotrkowska 63 90-413 Łódź, Poland
Time: 13:00 - 18:00